LGCPI is a North American subsidiary of LG Chem Ltd., one of the world’s largest producers of lithium-ion batteries for automotive (Hybrid Electric Vehicles – HEVs) and non-automotive (commercial, military, conversion, and portable equipment) applications. As such, the company has accumulated expertise in the development of safe, high-power/high-energy, compact, and lightweight lithium-ion battery systems.
LGCPI was formed in 2000 in the United States with a mission to become the supplier of choice for state-of-the-art lithium-ion battery technology for automotive and industrial applications.
Headquartered in Troy, Michigan, at the heart of the automotive industry, LGCPI is an easily accessible local source for the research, development, engineering, design, and packaging of lithium-ion batteries.
LGCPI offers our customers:
- A Total Solution Provider
- Turn-key solutions to HEV, PHEV, and EV applications
- Expertise in Cells, Modules, Packs, Battery Management Systems
- Accumulated know-how in automotive and battery businesses
- Extensive experience in development, mass-production, cost reduction
- A partnership with the agility of a start-up backed by the resources of the LG Group
To be the North American center of excellence for the design and development of Battery Management Systems, Modules and Packs in collaboration with the Korea team and serve as the interface for local customers to make LG Chem Energy Solution Company the global leader in Li-ion batteries for vehicle and energy storage applications.
LG Chem Power Inc. is committed to improving the environment and meeting the expectations of its customers, employees, and other stakeholders by adhering to and continually improving the LGCPI management system, processes and objectives for safety, quality, delivery, cost, morale and environment.
This will be achieved by:
• Compliance with applicable safety, customer, environmental, legal and other requirements;
• A commitment to prevention of injury and ill health;
• The safety, development, involvement, and growth of our employees;
• Pursuit of pollution prevention and waste reduction in both our operations and products;
• Focused project management throughout the product lifecycle;
• Efficient and effective interdepartmental, supplier, and customer communication;
• Reuse of engineering designs along with the integration of lessons learned