The LGCPI Story
LGCPI is a North American subsidiary of LG Chem Ltd., one of the world’s largest producers of lithium-ion batteries for automotive (Hybrid Electric Vehicles – HEVs) and non-automotive (commercial, military, conversion, and portable equipment) applications. As such, the company has accumulated expertise in the development of safe, high-power/high-energy, compact, and lightweight lithium-ion battery systems.
Headquartered in Troy, Michigan, at the heart of the automotive industry, LGCPI is an easily accessible local source for the research, development, engineering, design, and packaging of lithium-ion batteries.
- LGCPI offers our customers:
- A Total Solution Provider
- Accumulated know-how in automotive and battery businesses
- Extensive experience in development, mass-production, cost reduction
- A partnership with the agility of a start-up backed by the resources of the LG Group
To be the North American center of excellence for the design and development of Battery Management Systems, Modules and Packs in collaboration with the Korea team and serve as the interface for local customers to make LG Chem Energy Solution Company the global leader in Li-ion batteries for vehicle and energy storage applications.