LG Chem Power Inc. is committed to improving the environment by continually improving the LGCPI battery management systems, product designs, and assembly processes.
Environmental commitments embedded within the LG Chem Power Inc. Policy Statement are essential to maintaining our ISO-14001 (Environmental Management) certification:
LG Chem Power Inc. Policy Statement:
LG Chem Power Inc. is committed to improving the environment and meeting the expectations of its customers, employees, and other stakeholders by adhering to and continually improving the LGCPI management system, processes and objectives for safety, quality, delivery, cost, morale and environment. This will be achieved by:
- Compliance with applicable safety, customer, environmental, legal and other requirements
- A commitment to prevention of injury and ill health
- The safety, development, involvement and growth of our employees
- Pursuit of pollution prevention and waste reduction in both our operations and products
- Focused project management throughout the product lifecycle
- Efficient and effective interdepartmental, supplier, and customer communication
- Reuse of engineering designs along with the integration of lessons learned.
Promoting and developing efficient energy storage systems help the environment by:
- Minimizing pollution by utilizing energy from higher efficiency generators produced during off-peak times for use during peak usage periods
- Eliminating pollution by supporting and promoting energy production through alternative sources such as wind, solar, hydro-electric, and geothermal solutions.
- Reduction of hazardous materials and landfill waste in the environment by designing components and systems utilizing 100% recyclable materials.
As a responsible corporate citizen LG Chem Power Inc. is committed to protecting the global environment, conserving natural resources, and preserving human health.
LGCPI is located in the city of Troy, in Oakland County Michigan where we draw on the regions automotive talent pool. Troy is a vibrant community, with a diverse mix of residents.
- A great place to live, work, learn and play
- A balanced community, rich in cultural diversity, community wellness & economic vitality
- A city with a strong sense of civic pride
- The 12th largest city in Michigan (by population, 2010 Census 80,980)
- The safest city in Michigan and among the top 10 safest cities in the nation
- A city with a strong and balanced economic base